One of the best parts of my job is getting to meet so many alumni who have unique stories of how SU impacted their lives.

Jayme Block

Jayme Block ’97, M’99

Associate Vice President, University Advancement

Dear Fellow Alumni,

It is always a great day to be a Sea Gull! That is a phrase I have used or heard many times during my time as a student and it still remains true today. As an alumnus and a longtime University employee, I can attest to the progress Salisbury University continues to make as it approaches its 100th birthday. I am so proud of the many accomplishments our Alma Mater achieves in the classroom, on the playing field and the impact Sea Gull Nation is making around the world.

This fall, we had a tremendous Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend. I thank all the alumni who joined us for one of our many events throughout the week and thank my colleagues across campus who worked hard to make it a memorable experience. We plan events that enable alumni to network and reconnect with former classmates or teammates. One of the programs we are continuing in 2024 is SU on the Road, where you are able to meet with President Carolyn Ringer Lepre to hear where SU is headed and to provide insight into how we can best support our students to prepare them for the next phase of their life.

The Office of Alumni Engagement is here to serve our entire alumni base and are sharing some new programs to expand our reach this spring. The first is Gulls Of the Last Decade (GOLD) where our newest alumni get extra perks like discounted events and engagement opportunities just for them. We also are starting a Sea Gull Alumni Alliance Program where we work with alumni group leaders, helping them bring alumni together who share common interests. Please visit salisbury.edu/alumni or email alumni@salisbury.edu for more information.

One of the best parts of my job is getting to meet so many alumni who have unique stories of how SU impacted their lives. Many speak of a teacher, an advisor, a coach or a staff member who was there when they were needed most or helped them find their passion that led into a career. I encourage all of our alumni to come back to campus to reconnect with the area that means the most to you. Take the opportunity to speak to a class or work with Career Services to provide internships to worthy student applicants. Make it a point to pay it forward to the next generation of Sea Gulls just like our more seasoned alumni invested in you. I look forward to seeing you at an event soon!

Once a Sea Gull, Always a Sea Gull!

Jayme Block

Jayme Block ’97, M’99