INTERN SPOTLIGHT: Di’Mond Lockwood

Di’Mond Lockwood
  • Hometown: Berlin, MD
  • Major: Management
  • Fun fact about me: Senior cosmetologist with 4 plus years in beauty care!
  • Name of internship host and location: Davis Strategic Development in Salisbury, MD
  • When did you complete your internship? Summer 2023
  • How did you find it? SU’s website – Career Connections
  • What was your role and or some duties? Assisting in residential real estate processes, creating marketing content, working closely with the HR and sales teams.
  • Why this particular internship or organization? Davis Strategic Development has been able to give me an understanding what it truly means to have your own business. It teaches me how to manage a business with different departments like HR, sales, maintenance, accounting, and finance.
  • What was your experience like/favorite? My favorite part is the sales team because it reflects the entrepreneurial spirit of building your own real estate business. 
  • How has this experience helped you? Helped me fulfill my internship requirement and has given me tools to succeed as an entrepreneur.
  • What’s next for you? Currently working with the company and growing in my knowledge of real estate.
  • Advice for other students: Be diligent in your internship search. Don’t wait until the last minute but secure the internship at least 2 months in advance. Also, do not settle for anything but go where you would like to see yourself as a young professional, even if it’s just temporary because the place you pick has an impact on your self-esteem. Lastly, always be grateful & humble.
  • Kudos to PSB for placing this internship on the website! 

INTERN SPOTLIGHT: Nick Tolbert

Nick Tolbert
  • Hometown: Snow Hill, MD
  • Major(s): Management Major with a Minor in Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
  • Fun fact about me: Both of my parents and older brother have graduated from the PSB (accounting, management and MBA).
  • Name of internship host and location: Oasis Marinas – Hyatt, Regency in Cambridge MD
  • How did you find it? Internship fair at Salisbury University 
  • What was your role and or some duties? My role was at first a general manager intern, but ended in the role of Interim general manager. Some of my duties were scheduling employees, assisting the GM with P&L commentaries, taking inventory and pictures as well as working with the marketing team. 
  • Why this particular internship or organization? I chose this internship because of my passion for boating and being out on the water. I also wanted to get an internship where I would be exposed to many different aspects of business such as inventory management, HR, accounting, and marketing. 
  • What was your experience like (favorite part)? My experience at Oasis marinas was unforgettable. About two weeks into the internship my site supervisor and then general manager left the company. In her absence, I was promoted to Interim General Manager under the supervision of my new site supervisor and regional manager. Being the GM was definitely my favorite part of the internship as I had more responsibility. For example, setting up a new and efficient way of scheduling employees, updating the way we did slip reservations and room numbers, and was put in charge of inventory management.
  • How has this experience helped you? This internship helped me in many different ways such as my communication skills as I was constantly dealing with customers whether it was in person, over the phone, or by email; and also, with time management. I was put in charge of a lot of different tasks that had to be completed on time. For example, on 4th of July weekend I had to make sure all the inventory was stocked, slip assignments were done in advance, and ensuring we had enough staff on site. 
  • What’s next for you? My future plans are to graduate this fall and hopefully land a job at Oasis Marinas. I also plan on doing another internship this fall to get more experience in a different field.
  • Advice for other students: The most important advice I can give to you is to challenge yourself with something you’ve never done.  Also, don’t be afraid to ask for feedback from your site supervisor.
  • Kudos to PSB for giving us the opportunity to go out in the real world and get hands on experience. This internship has helped me realize that I have learned everything I need to know to be a great manager.